During the last decades, couples in Europe delay parenthood due to social, financial and demographic factors. Nevertheless, advanced parental age has been associated with infertility, pregnancy complications and long-term offspring health. The aim of this EMAS School is to provide and critically appraise evidence on this topic through literature review and extensive interaction between experts and participants. During the first day, the problem of late parenthood will be discussed. In the first session (the context), the extent of the issue will be presented as well as the pathophysiology of infertility in advanced age and the psychological aspects of late parenthood in both sexes. In the second session (the consequences), pregnancy complications due to advanced parental age will be examined together with short- and long-term health of the offspring. During the second day, the solutions to late parenthood will be discussed. In the third session (the treatments), the management of infertility in advanced age men and women will be illustrated towards an interdisciplinary approach that could lead to patient-centered, informed decision-making strategies. Finally, in the fourth session (the cases), instructive examples will pre presented to demonstrate what we have learned during this EMAS School regarding informed decisions about the timing of childbearing.
Interactive learning and practice exchange with international experts will be structured according to the following format:
• Short presentations by the international experts.
• Interactive debate in three steps:
• Q & A between the expert speakers and a discussion panel.
• Open dialogue with all attendees.
• Assessment with multiple choice questions using an internet platform.
The event will be a virtual meeting and will be accessible from this website
- Live Interaction with the speakers and Q&A
- Can be viewed Worldwide with no delay
- Event start always at 2.00 p.m. CET Paris time = 8.00 a.m. EST New York = 8.00 p.m. Singapore time
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance + CME Certification